Welcome to the
The YMCA of El Paso strengthens the foundations of our community through well-being and fitness, camps, family time, swim, sports and play, and other activities for people of all ages, incomes and abilities. We’re more than just a place to work out. At the Y, we help build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all with the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility at the heart of everything we do.
With a commitment to nurturing youth development, promoting healthy living, and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Y ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow and thrive.
Why Should You Donate to the Y?
When you give to the Y, 100% of your gift is used for financial assistance and program subsidies.
Your gift helps those who cannot otherwise benefit from Y programs, such as:
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Afterschool Care
- Summer / Theme Camps
- Parent/Child Programs
- Teen Programs
- Swim Lessons
- Youth Sports
As the year comes to a close, the spirit of giving sweeps across our country. Some do it out of tradition, some out of love, and some just to get a head start on Uncle Sam for next April. :)
Whatever your reasons, we hope that you'll consider the Y when you make your end-of-year donation plans. Without the generous financial support of our community, we wouldn't be able to reach as many people as we do.
It's thanks to people like you that we're able to offer programs like Membership For All, LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, and other low or no-cost activities.
We're more than a gym, We're a Cause!
- Download your Strong Kids Campaign Pledge card HERE and bring it to any of the YMCA of El Paso locations.
- Click HERE and donate to the YMCA of El Paso Strong Kids Campaign online.
Last year, the YMCA of El Paso served more than 51,500 people in our diverse communities. We bring together young and old; men, women and children; people of all faiths, backgrounds and incomes. No one is turned away for inability to pay. Scholarships, subsidies and outreach provide essential access to low-income families and individuals.
Every year, thousands of children participate in YMCA programs because of the Strong Kids Campaign. While participants are expected to pay their fair share, the YMCA Strong Kids financial assistance dollars are available to those who wish to participate, but who may have difficulty affording the fee.
The Y is a powerful association of men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life joined together by a shared passion: to strengthen the foundations of community. With a commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Y ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow and thrive.
The YMCA has been a vital part of the El Paso/Dona Ana community for over 130 years. In order to continue our mission of helping others, we need your support. Through your support and generosity, we can do more for more children and families. Please consider one of the Strong Kids Campaign Giving Levels and help make a dramatic and positive difference in the lives of these children, their families and our community:
$.01 -$99 Sustaining
$100-$499 Century Club
$500-$999 Patron of Youth
$1,000-$2,499 Benefactor of Youth
$2,500-$4,999 Chairman’s Round Table
$5,000+ President’s Round Table
When you participate in the Strong Kids Campaign, you are not only investing in programs, but also the future for our children as they mature throughout life. Our core values unite us as a movement with a common cause. They are the shared beliefs and essential principles that guide our behavior, interactions with each other and decision making.
As the YMCA of El Paso continues its 130+ year commitment to serving the youth and families of El Paso, it is important to remember our humble beginnings; to strive to improve our present programs; and to plan toward the future. Our future, your future and the future of our community brings us back to the factor that matters the most — our children.
Throughout our history, the Mission of the YMCA of El Paso has remained steadfast: to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
Today, we ask you to join us in our Mission and become part of the Strong Kids Campaign.
FOR YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
- YMCA of El Paso taught more children a life time activity, swimming, than anyone in El Paso. We taught over 7,000 swim lessons.
- YMCA of El Paso saved lives through our water safety program. Over 10,000 children learned to be safe around water.
- We meet the needs of our service area from Fabens to Las Cruces through programs that build healthy lifestyles.
- Over 500 children learned values, grew personally and improved their interpersonal relationships through day camp.
- YMCA of El Paso train teenagers for their first jobs in aquatics.
- YMCA of El Paso provides homework help, healthy snacks and fun activities for children in our after-school program.
FOR HEALTHY LIVING
- YMCA of El Paso provided a safe and active facilities for families and the community through pool management of 8 pools in El Paso and the surrounding area.
- YMCA of El Paso provides safe and active facilities to support survivors of cancer, providing over 80 people with memberships and their families through the LiveStrong Program.
- YMCA of El Paso provide programs and facilities to our low income community. $433,000 of scholarships were given out last year.
FOR SOCIAL RESPONSIBILTY
- YMCA of El Paso helps to make a child’s visit with their parents stress free and build relationships with both parents in our Supervised Visitation/Safe Exchange program.
- YMCA of El Paso creates a stress free environment during tax season and completed over 1,300 taxes for our community. Bringing in over $2,000,000 back into the community.
- YMCA of El Paso has provided a comfortable place to gather and program space for families with over $1,500,000 in facility upgrades.
The hearts of our children are like good soil, they hear the word, accept it and produce a crop... 100 times that which was sown. Mark 4:20